Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cody Climb 8k

Does it count as a win if there are only 7 people there. I have been running since 1996. Before today I have won only 1 5k and over race. I do not count the track season because I no longer race those events. When I read Herb's blog a few weeks ago about a no-frills 8k; it got my attention. Here in Tallahassee we only have one other open 8k race and it is all cross country style. So having an 8k on the road would be a good event.

Well fast forward to today. The weather man said we were going to have lots of rain. Well he was half right. It rained a little before the race and started to come down hard just after the last person crossed the finish line.

So you add up these two things together and you get my 2nd win and my first since I have been living in Tallahassee, FL. 1.) it was the first time the race was run. 2.) there was a 90% chance of rain.

Well that is about it. It was a great race. I will do it again if it happens next year.

Thanks Herb for a great race.

Finishing time 33:37 a PR since I have started to record my times after college.

Gator out.

No comments:

Post a Comment