Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Taper Monster

I kind of feel like this.

The Taper Monster: "I'm trying to keep it locked up...
I'm trying to keep it under control...
But no matter how good my intentions it's still breaking out with a fury.

The taper monster.  Otherwise known as the days leading up to the race when I can, in a matter of seconds, flip from my usual cheery self:


To this:


As the race gets closer and I start freaking out about the things that are out of my control, I try to freakishly control everything possible in my life.  Obviously this affects my ability to play well with others.

Driving in my car, singing along to the radio:



Suddenly a car pulls out in front of me:



How dare you cut me off! You're trying to get me injured before Kona!

In the grocery store, stocking up on healthy produce



the lady in front of me sneezes in the direction of my produce:



How dare you! You're trying to get me sick before Kona!

When I can't find my USAT card:



When I find out I'm not getting a much anticipated check before I leave:



To my coworkers:



To my boyfriend:



Are you seeing a pattern here?

I still have another week of this to go.  I'm hoping that I can keep this beast under control.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment